Re: tiller extensions and other necessary stuff for Fort Desoto

To: mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: tiller extensions and other necessary stuff for Fort Desoto
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:23:01 EST
Mark,

I've attached a picture on the tiller end and the entire setup.  This  is my
fourth system and is the best system by far.

The tiller length from the front of the cassette to the very tip should be
36".  The tiller extensions in the picture are centered at 4 1/2" aft  but 5
1/2" would be considerably better and will still not interfere with  tacking
and
gybing.

Notice where the tiller extensions come to rest on the deck  step naturally.
Try to duplicate that position.  Notice where  the shock cord comes out the
bottom of the tiller and the knots.  As  the shock cord relaxed the second knot
was easily put in the system while on the  water--very simple.

Notice that the tiller extensions have shrink sleeve all the way  down.  Very
important--without it you will make Swift sailing much more  difficult (I
won't want to sail your boat--a good way to keep me out).

For everyone, please come to Fort DeSoto with knee/shin pads   (SixSixOne
veggies work) that fit under your farmer john wetsuit.   Please also make sure
that you have good skiff footwear (either the O'neil  or the teva shown will
work).

Don't forget a good life jacket and trap harness (will be testing the magic
marine harness next week).

Please don't hesitate to ask questions if you're not sure about  anything.
Things are a bit crazy, so if I  don't answer, ask me again (it is not
intentional that I didn't  answer)

Bram

JPEG image

JPEG image