RE: Tolerances attaching deck to hull

To: "'Warren Stevens'" <warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Swiftsolo'" <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Tolerances attaching deck to hull
From: "Rob DesMarais, D.C." <drrld@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:34:38 -0600
Hi Warren,

I think an 1/8 is fine, even a ¼ , it would just need more ProSet.  I would
like to throw this out.  In the manual it says use a couple of layers of
glass for the bonding flanges.  Well, two layers made the flanges not
flexible whatsoever.  So, if you use two, make sure you leave those little
beads of playdo on so you know how much you need to raise or keep flush
those flanges.  I stuck on one side before I realized there isn?t any give
in them with the two layers.  Subject: Tolerances attaching deck to hull

So, I'm busy fitting my deck to hull.  I'm aiming for overall tolerances of
no more than 1/8" everywhere.  What have others been able to get to?

I seem to be running into problems with station 6 - I suspect the hull is
slightly wider due to the width of the hybrid + epoxy, and the deck is exact
because of the jib track.  Where did others run into issues?  You may want
to check the vertical part of the station.  I found those to be the biggest
issue with the deck not going down.  Also the backing plates at Station 8
were an issue.

Thanks for your help.

Warren