Re: Different vang system

To: Jordan Spencer <jordan.afe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Different vang system
From: Christian Rasmussen <Christian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 10:21:06 -0400
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Interesting system. I have been using a standard cascade system for the past 2 months. The upper block (closest to the boom)
is attached in a loop that goes to both side of the boom. (through the pipe where the old vang arm was attached) The main disadvantage
is that its harder to sail with the board up in heavy weather since it inteferes with the vang. I suppose I could just move the bail up
on the mast. Then again I have a lot of short boards I could be using if it blows.

Christian

Jordan Spencer wrote:

Hey guys
New here and I am already suggesting a change.
Have you guys seen the vang system in the above photo. Note there is a strut and a strop and the purchase system.
Would seem to achieve your requirement of keeping the boom straight for the sheeting system, but is lighter and more efficient than your current set up.
Thoughts??
Jordan
Adelaide Australia.