Re: Fair lines for the black trim

To: warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Fair lines for the black trim
From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:05:04 EDT
Warren,
Lay down a couple of layers of the high-quality blue 3M masking tape and
carefully cut your curves thru the layers with an Exact-o knife.  I used a
flexible ruler to duplicate the curves on both sides of the boat.  The lead  in
the
ruler holds the shape well enough to transfer the curves to the other  side.
With light pressure on the blade, cut just through the bottom layer  of tape
and peel away the extra.  Be sure to press the edge of the tape  down tight to
avoid bleeding under the edge.  Once the trim cures, you may  have to cut the
black trim at the tape edge, but usually the tape is strong  enough to peel
away in one piece.  Below is a picture taken before painting  the topsides with
blue 2-part poly where I masked off the trim to prevent any  drips from
running over the black.

Bill Scheumann
USA020 and USA040

JPEG image