Re: Spreaders

To: Dave Lindsey <lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx>,"WFS03@xxxxxxx" <WFS03@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Spreaders
From: "Manfred C. Schreiber" <Manfred.Schreiber@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 11:16:54 +0200
Cc: "swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Guys,
I do not know why I am in this Tech Loop. Interesting anyway. Maybe because
we are very much interested here in the North of Germany to start our own
little fleet and I had put my e?mail address  on the list. Actually
discussing to purchase 4 sets and to start putting the SWIFT SOLO hulls
together during our regular Epoxy Seminars.

I would recommend gluing the spreader on too the tube. This we have done a
couple times, it is also being done by our customer Nordic mast. They even
glue on the goosenecks on bigger masts. It is better to use some of the new
Super Epoxy (rubber toughened) but the standard WEST 105 with Microfibre and
Silica mix should do it on Swift-tube. Tapered reinforcements being
laminated on before.

smooth sailing
_/) _/)
Manfred