Re: Swift Solo Home

To: <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,<hcwickham@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Swift Solo Home
From: "Greg Ryan" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:56:55 -0400
Hi Chris, The timeline has been set for a short discussion and a vote in 2
weeks on the venue for June July next year.  You will have your answer shortly
after that. I think this plan was emailed to the class by the regatta committee
chairs Bill and Mark through catzooks. I remember you have been an enthusiastic
supporter of a Huntington venue and have told us you have had plenty of
experience sailing there in your 49er. I think you might know the lake the
best. I don't believe the regatta chairs have received any information that
they have been asking for,  with respect to Huntington Lake as a regatta venue.
 Check your past emails for the list of helpful info they are seeking. If you
would like to advocate for that lake please do go ahead and get photos and the
other information camping arreas local support etc, to the co-chairs of the
likely benefits and costs.) There have been other suggestions for venues and
the info on those will be posted in time for people to choose. The regatta
chairs will collate all the info and see that its gets to the class web for a
short discussion and vote.
Thanks and hope to see you at the Regatta with your new boat.
There will be a lot of new functionality coming to the wesite in the next week
or so thanks to our Webmaster and the whole group of class members helping with
website development.  Check back with the web site in a few days and we will be
be able to join the class association much more simply through the website.
more to come...
Greg Ryan
Class President.