Greg's idea of giving away his construction forms

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Greg's idea of giving away his construction forms
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:16:00 EDT
Just a note to thank Greg for donating his setup to other builders.   It is a
great idea and I want to assure anyone who follows in his steps that I  will
send them a new set of station patterns for free if they decide to build
another boat at a later date (after donating their frames in order to bring  in
new class member).

Greg's idea of advertising on Sailing Anarchy has generated a lot of
interest.  When combined with Robert and Steve's input, it gets guys  thinking
that
they can do it.  I suspect that one of the biggest hurdles  for the class is
making people understand that this is not difficult.  The  finished product
doesn't make it look easy.  Whenever a builder  completes the construction of a
Swift and tells the world about the  experience,  class growth benefits.

I'm getting the bug to build another Swift after seeing all of the progress
on other boats (I get this bug every couple of years)  It just seems  wrong to
not have one going in the garage.  I do have some ideas to  try on 013 this
winter so maybe that will keep me entertained for one more  winter.  On the
other hand, I do need a demo boat Jane.

Regards,