Re: Cleat shims

To: lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Cleat shims
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:15:04 EST
Dave,

I've done it both ways.  Both Ronstan and Harken make beveled shims  and I've
found that using one of each will provide both the right height and the
right angle (you reverse one of them).  Let me know if you have trouble
locating
them.

What you want to end up with is a total stack height of about 3/8" on the
inside and 1/2" on the outside.  Do make them out of something besides 1  piece
of wood because it will split.

Getting the height and angle correct is really important to easy  sailing.