Re: cleat shims

To: mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: cleat shims
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:30:17 EST
Mark,
That looks great!  This is probably the most personal setting on the  boat
and each of use likely  prefer a different angle.

Incidentally,  Ronstan has some new "easy cleating" cams and it  is my advice
to everyone to save your money and avoid them.  I tried  them and they
uncleat by themselves constantly (not fun when you're flat out on  the
trap--especially inside the breakwater at Shilshole).

Mark your guide wires look really nice.  Are you having any trouble  with
them bending?  If not, would you be willing to make a bunch of them  and sell
them to class members?  These are really tricky to make for  the average guy.