Re: Downhaul blocks

To: WFS03@xxxxxxx, lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Downhaul blocks
From: "Robert Harper" <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:08:06 -0700
Excelent work as always Bill.

For what its worth, I've found that if I put the downhaul blocks as close to the base of the mast, the less pull there is on the bottom of the luff track on the main. You do cause a little bagginess in the sock at the front of the mast but you don't end up with as much tension pulling the track off the mast as you tighten the cunningham. Lightwieght will be honking on this so extra purchase here will also be a plus for you.