RE: Huntington clinic suggestions

To: <BDally6107@xxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Huntington clinic suggestions
From: "Ron Radko" <ron_radko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:52:41 -0800
Bram has some great ideas, and I believe a lot of what he says here is
similar to our focus in the Musto fleet.  The best way for everyone to have
a great time is to help newcomers get up to speed.  That way you get more
people to push everyone better in the end, and it's just good fun.

Also, I have found that two things that really help on the learning curve.
Doing the 2 up sailing, or dighy assisted sailing keeps people from getting
anywhere near as fatigued while getting up the curve quicker.  You are going
to capsize plenty and get practice at righting, so getting over the bits of
figuring out how to sail in a straight line quicker is probably the first
thing to learn on the boat.

Second, I have found that going out with a couple of sailors in a dinghy,
and one coach, and trading off on the sailboat works well too.  That way
people can take shorter rests in between, and learn from the other sailors
on the boat while resting.

Look forward to seeing you folks at Huntington!

Ron

  _____