Re: Huntington clinic suggestions

To: BDally6107@xxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Huntington clinic suggestions
From: "Robert Harper" <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:33:08 -0700
That sounds close to what I was thinking. I think we have enough experience now in our own class that we don't have to borrow tallent from another class to help us out. I also very much agree that the new Swifties come first. Those of us that have had boats for a year or two and have been racing are already committed.

The looking videos over at the end of the day can be more enlightening than having someone yell at you on the water. I had a few times where people were telling me that my battens were inverted when that was what I wanted so I could rest or while I was sorting some other more important issue first. I did have a couple times on the first day that I was so involved with something else that I forgot to pop them but the lack of speed and sluggish response is usually enough to wake you up.

Get a light weight to help with capsize drills too. Those of us that weigh over 180# don't realize the difference of being under 160#.