Travel subsidies for Huntington Lake

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Travel subsidies for Huntington Lake
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:11:57 EST

As we get ready for another North American Championship I'd like to  discuss
travel subsidies.
Last year I used some of my design fees to help subsidize  those traveling
from the west coast to  Florida and I intend to continue  that policy this
year.
 The  objective with subsidies is to help defray the costs and ensure
attendance of  Swift owners from extraordinary distances.  I believe that
attendance
from all parts of North  America at our major Championships is a critical
objective in class  building.  As most of you know, I  agreed to chip in $200
dollars per boat for those coming from more than 2000  miles this year (reduce
that to 1700 miles).  I have hopes of getting perhaps 5 boats  from the east,
so
I've allocated $1000 (plus or minus) for this purpose.  The money ($1000) will
be split among  however many participants show from the east/south/Midwest
(no more than $500 to  anyone).  We would really like to  see as many boats as
possible from the east as it is important to keep the  spirit of reciprocal
participation alive. Let me know if you are coming from the  mid-west or the
east
/ south.
I've agreed to take on a few duties for the upcoming  NAâs and one of those
tasks is to help with  attendance.  Before attempting to  find out whoâs
coming, we have seven known committed attendees-possibly eight:
Mike Jocelyn
Ron Watt
Robert Harper
Mark White
Bram Dally
Chris Wickham
Keith Deller
Warren Stevens  (if he can  get his boat done)
I'm asking everyone who is considering coming (from anywhere) to contact  me
to let me know.  We need a  minimum of 12 boats to fulfill our obligation to
the Fresno Yacht Club for the  regatta.