Re: Dumb question from the Aussie

To: greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rowr@xxxxxxxxx, aussieswift@xxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Dumb question from the Aussie
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:33:18 EST
Steve,
Greg is correct about using a rasp on laminated composite (it does require  a
degree of common sense).  The problem you might have is that you want the
plug as low are is practical without screwing up the laminate on the bottom of
the boat.  By drilling a smaller hole and then using a rasp, you can put it
at the exact level you want relative to the bottom.  I actually rasp  the
bottom of the plug fitting to fit the bevel at the transom because I don't
want
any water left sitting in the bottom of the boat.  Most of this plug  hole is
in
the fillet and double laminate anyway so it is less of an issue  than you
might imagine.