Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New forum functionality

To: peakeb@xxxxxxxxxxx, al.pritchard@xxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New forum functionality
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 00:53:42 EDT

To Warren,
Would you check to see that the unsubscribe feature is working correctly
(sorry about that Burt)?

I think the message in this is that we do need to make sure that people can
both subscribe and unsubscribe easily.  Burt likely subscribed originally  to
look in on our class activities and possibly to witness first-hand the  level
of class support for builders and builder questions.  I get far more
compliments than complaints about our mailing list from prospective  members.
Thanks
for all of your effort over the last several years.

To the class,
The mailing list was devised as a method of rapid class
communication--primarily for builders
It remains the only practical way that I know of to get quick response to
construction questions  (1 hour service--more often than not).  I  would doubt
that many prospective members sign on to our mailing list  hoping to avoid
getting email regarding construction questions.

I can understand Burt's frustration if he is having trouble un  subscribing
now that he has decided to postpone building a Swift.

I certainly hope that we do not get to the point where we expect  builders in
need of quick answers to use the forum on our website  instead of the mailing
list.  The time delay would likely be very  discouraging.  Recently, too
often these questions are asked and  answered by email privately when the
answer
would benefit the archives  and the majority of builders under construction.  I
do hope that  the class website forum will be used more often to ask
questions by  those who are not in need of a quick answer, however, the level
of class
 communication in general has been pathetically low since the last effort to
stifle use of the mailing list in favor of the class website.

Bram

In a message dated 4/1/2007 5:50:56 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,