Re: Spartight blues

To: Dave Lindsey <lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Spartight blues
From: Steve Nichols <aussieswift@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:48:23 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not going to use it either.

It is probably a good solution if you sail in a deep water location. My boat is
launched and retrieved from a concrete ramp. In Summer the normal approach to
this ramp is dead downwind with 15-20 knots pushing you onto it. In these
situations it is critical to be able to pull the foils up easily and fast.
Traditional carpet/felt will allow me to do this spartite won't

Steve

Check out my Swift Solo build progress on
www.aussieswift.livesaildie.com