Re: Spartight blues

To: "BDally6107@xxxxxxx" <BDally6107@xxxxxxx>,Swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Spartight blues
From: Dave Lindsey <lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:28:50 -0700
Thanks Bram,

    Just a quick up date.

    I did manage to get the parts apart but not before cutting the cassette.
Now I have some finishing to do.

    All the points you make in you email I believe are true. In my case, the
tolerances are far too close to use Spartite unless you¹re willing to do to
some elaborate process using vacuum bags to draw the material in.

    In my situation, I¹m actually considering just wrapping the rudder with
plastic film coating it with a mixture of resin and #5 filler. With the
cassette open now I should be able to slip it in and close the cassette on
it.

    I am also considering how and/or if I will close the back of the
cassette. Perhaps I should consider using Chicago Screws which would allow
me to adjust the fit on the rudder. Any opinion on this option?

    David Lindsey