Shipping arrangements to Fort Desoto

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Shipping arrangements to Fort Desoto
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:41:28 EST

Howdy
After seeing the schedules of our various sailors and thinking the  shipping
process over, we're going to have to shorten things up a bit.  I will work
with the trucking company to  see if we can load the boats and equipment in
Seattle on Saturday April  5th from at 10 am till  4 pm and unload at  Fort
Desoto on Friday April  11th from 10am till  4 pm. We will try to arrange to
load
up for the return trip on Sunday the 20th from 9am till 3 pm and  unload again
in Seattle on Saturday  April 26th from 10am till  4 pm.  In this entire
process it is important  to remember that launching dollies have to be
assembled
and disassembled,  mast, booms, personal gear has to be loaded and unloaded and
secured before,  during, and after all four processes.  Additionally, it is a
really tough job loading/unloading and  securing boats inside a van
trailer--a lot of awkward lifting and crawling on  hands and knees in a really
tight
place.
It would be possible to get by with 8 people for each of the load/unload
events but I have no idea what we'd do with the gear of people who are not
there.  If that problem could be addressed, each sailor would be able to  skip
one
load/unload event.  However, at Fort  Desoto there simply is no secure  place
to put stuff except in your rented auto or lodging.  We've never had  any
problems with boats, sails, wetsuits, etc., however, I wouldn't  leave an
expensive bicycle or camera and computer gear or other valuables  unsecured.
As you
might imagine,  rental cars will be stuffed to the gills with equipment, ice
chests, and  bicycles so it is unlikely that most of us can do much more than
deal with our  own stuff.  The trailer will be  leaving immediately after the
unloading process is complete and will not be back  until the loading process
is
to beginâso dragging the process out is not an  option.
I look forward to your input on this matter.  If you post on the mailing
list, you may  be able to team up to resolve issues.  Iâm already
over-promised by
300% and can not take on anybody elseâs  loading or unloading
responsibilities.  I will be there for all four load/unload  events.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)