RE: Trap Setup

To: "'Keith Councell'" <keithcouncell@xxxxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Trap Setup
From: "Ron Radko" <ron_radko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:15:31 -0700
Keith, I'm assuming you are referring to Ron Watts setup.

I can tell you that in the one regatta we did shortly after Florida, it was
a big advantage to Ron in that we had massively varying conditions from one
end of the course to the other.

Of course, after that I figured out that you can actually just pull on the
splice in the adjustable splice setups while you are on the wire to raise
your trap handles up!   You can't lower them but you can bring them up. (And
it's fairly easy)

So, now I have the ability to bring mine up, but I don't have all the
windage that Ron's system is creating.   I then allow for the system to
handle stronger conditions by having more adjustment in the bottom section.
It's not ideal in strong wind conditions as the handle gets to high, but it
does work well.

Other than that, I think Ron Watts system has merit as well if you sail in
conditions that vary a lot.