RE: Trap Setup

To: "'Robert Harper'" <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Trap Setup
From: "karl Schulmeisters" <karlsch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:39:56 -0700
Well I may be old school but I believe in KISS.  Yeah you do potentially end
up using as much as 8' total of trap line and in light trapping conditions
you will have quite a bit of slack in that,  but in those conditions you
have much more problems in generating boat speed than a slack line
periodically skipping across the water.

Ron Radko and I were in the Gorge a few weekends back and Murphy proved his
presence.  I hooked up and went out in a puff, looking to accelerate the
boat and tack since I was near shore and shallow water, and the trap hook
snapped at the billet sending me into the water and the boat upside down.

Putting a second block into the trap config increases your likelihood of
line twist and of gear failure.

 KISS