Re: 2009 skiff racing

To: pieter_versavel@xxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ron_radko@xxxxxxxxxxx, hays.clark@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2009 skiff racing
From: HCWickham@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 23:15:18 EST
Sorry about the quick trigger finger.

Let's do this again:

1.  Yes.  July 13-17.  Details to follow.
2. and 4.  Here is a schedule we have been discussing in the NW:

    a.  Flights of Spring, Jericho Sailing Center,  Vancouver, B.C. April
25-26*

    b.  Seattle NOOD, Seattle Corinthian Yacht  Club, May 23-24*

    c.  North American Championships, Huntington  Lake, CA July 13-17

    d.  Skiff clinic and regatta, Columbia Gorge  Racing Association, Cascade
Locks, OR July 20-24*

    e.  Fleet championship, Seattle Corinthian  Yacht Club, October 3-4*

    e.  Fall dinghy regatta, St. Francis Yacht  Club, San Francisco, CA
October 24-25*

*These dates are guestimates based on previous years scheduling of these
events.  If you have time and want to try to confirm the dates we could  move
this process along a bit.

I haven't had a chance to nail down these dates, but I think they're  helpful
now for planning purposes.  For example, if California sailors  wanted to
come up to Flights of Spring, you could leave your boats here and do  NOOD the
following month.  That would cut down on the amount of travel time  but allow
you to have two events.

We are all interested in creating a calendar that people can plan on as
early as possible.  If you have other ideas lets talk about them.  I  like the
idea of the Spring dinghy regatta but would need help getting my boat  down so
that I could avoid taking the Friday or Monday off for travel  time.

3.  I don't know the answer to your question about the Gorge  event, but it
sounds as if this year's event was a success and so I am thinking  they will do
it again next summer.  Again, if you want to contact them and  confirm it,
that would be helpful in our planning.

Thanks for your energy Pieter!  We are all sitting inside looking out  at the
rain and gloom these days!

Chris

In a message dated 11/9/2008 1:31:27 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,