Re: 2009 skiff racing

To: Swift Solo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ron Radko <ron_radko@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Hays Clark <hays.clark@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2009 skiff racing
From: Pieter Versavel <pieter_versavel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 23:51:31 -0800 (PST)
Chris & Fugu:  Thanks for your quick response.

I am happy to hear that the North Americans are ON ! Count me in :) and let me
know how to contribute towards the organization.
If we launch off the off the Lakeshore Resorts ramp (like the High Sierra
regatta), College is the closest campground, a 2 min stroll, and can be
reserved up to 6 months in advance. Much nicer campground than Rancheria !
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sierra/recreation/camping/campgrounds/college.shtml

I did some more research on the guestimates and found the following "tentative"
dates:

b. Seattle NOOD
    May 15-17 2009
    [http://www.sailingworld.com/nood_regatta.jsp]

d. Gorge Skiff Clinic
    July 21-23

   Gorge Skiff Regatta
   July 24-26
   [http://www.cgra.org/]

f. Fall dinghy regatta, Saint Francis YC
   Oct 24-25
   [http://www.stfyc.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=229195]

The Gorge Skiff Clinic & Regatta are the week following the North Americans and
the NW sailors can get some more sailing on their way home !

Kind regards,
Pieter

----------------------
California:
- Mid-Winter Series, Dec 7/Jan 4/Feb 1/Mar 1 - Richmond YC [open class]
- Spring Dinghy, March 14-15, Saint Francis YC [need 6+ for start]
- Big Dinghy, March 28-29, Richmond YC [open class]
- High Sierra Centerboard Regatta, July 11-12, Huntington Lake
[http://www.fresnoyachtclub.org/index.html]
- North American Championships, Huntington Lake, CA July 13-17
- Ronstan Bridge-to-bridge, mid Aug, Saint Francis YC
- Totally Dinghy, Sep 19-20, Richmond YC [open class]
- Fall dinghy regatta, October 24-25, St. Francis Yacht Club, San Francisco, CA
[need 6+ for start]

Oregon:
- Gorge Skiff Clinic, July 21-23, Columbia Gorge Racing Association, Cascade
Locks
- Gorge Skiff Regatta, July 24-26 (www.cgra.org)

Utah:
- Utah Summer Games, TBD (between June 3 and 21)

Washington:
- Seattle NOOD, Seattle Corinthian Yacht Club, May 15-17
- Fleet championship, Seattle Corinthian Yacht Club, October 3-4*

British Columbia
- Flights of Spring, Jericho Sailing Center,
Vancouver, B.C. April 25-26*

*These dates are guestimates based on previous years scheduling of these
events.