Re: Failing centreboard

To: Swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Failing centreboard
From: "Robert Harper" <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 05:42:20 -0700
Mine is cedar core as well but I can tell you the weight difference is huge. Mine is also a bit larger than everyone else's but Bram's can easily picked up by two fingers and mine takes a lot more effort. I opted for the cedar core because I'm much larger than the average skiff sailor and I expected to do a lot of swimming. I did not want any chance of failure because I often get miles from land.

I would probably build a foam core if I were to make a new one but I'd also try the carbon stringer idea.