Re: look back at fort Desoto things I learnt

To: "Ron Radko" <ron_radko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: look back at fort Desoto things I learnt
From: swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 22:24:19 -0500
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=N+k0PaeaKLoatVO1dfRfaGBGPnbmj8js025jDbQCvq4=; b=Rdc/fy2pxX+kYywdW822M3Q3fAmGNPigLBFDD1f+i8BKA/yODbbwneXesp/A8A0/ad xUhZeEkGLeF3fiw/mEK9MpvxGKn797gsmEqWUwzXpqb7EDfiA7f4YGoE0Z3ze3BnEPhg K5gyOU3nD5RKHJecp8hsfj+U6DD0dIpqa0weo=
Hi Ron,

I was kind of speaking of 1/2 off of the Loos gate and things like that.  So
your "ball park"argument was the point I was trying to make.

My experience might be different than others, but initially (learning to
sail up to 15 knots) I have felt that the better return
on time was on the water. Even if it was just 30 minutes going out and
capsizing a bunch
of times.  After pondering it for an hour on return, I think I had an idea
as to why it was happening
and hence I could improve on the next sail.

At least I became good at righting the boat and the hesitation to try
something new (because I
didn't want to capsize) went away.

Anyway, thanks for listing out your points, should be good stuff for new
sailers.

Christian