update to Swift Solo website for builders

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: update to Swift Solo website for builders
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:46:41 EDT
We now have a page dedicated to builders issues on the website.  You will see
a new link at the top of the "what's new" section on the Home Page.

Your help in making corrections and clarifications is really important.  If
you don't completely understand what I'm trying to say in the manual it is
likely that other don't as well.  We will post answers to questions on this
page
(several are already there) and will make clarifications to the third edition
to help future builders just as the second edition was an improvement over the
first edition.

It is of maximum importance that this experience be one of the most rewarding
projects of your life.  Included in the price is my time to make sure that
you come out of the other end with not only the fastest -reasonably easy to
sail-single handers on the planet, but also the kind of personal satisfaction
that
only comes along a few times in a lifetime.  We are growing rapidly and your
enthusiasm both now and on the water later will sustain that high level of
growth.

I'll post the sail numbers along with your names and general location on the
website soon unless I get some objections (I am interested in your input on
how much info should be posted).  Obviously, the ability to team up with others
in your area is enhanced by the posting of email address' but there may be
some down side.  Let me know what you think.  Remember, in the USA, NE, NW, SE,
SW means that you life in that quarter of the USA geographically (the Midwest
is actually the NE----geeze I can hear the screaming already).

It's time to start thinking about our first regatta.  It looks like the NE
quarter of the USA will have the right to determine the location.  It should be
held in a location of light to medium winds and in a camping environment (I
think).  It would be good if it were held in conjunction with some other small
regatta because of the high interest that exposure generates.  Remember, this
event should be more about getting together and learning than racing.  I
suspect that we will have a respectable number of completed boats by next July
and
that may be a good month to hold it.  Let's plan the dates early enough to make
sure that everyone has plenty of time to get it on the agenda.

Keep your fingers out of the blades,