Re: Weight and RWC

To: gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx, rwphillipsidaho@xxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Weight and RWC
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:14:58 EDT
Just a note in response to a couple of emails.  I just weighed several (6)
randomly selected 1x4 cedar corner boards that I will cut into strips for USA
013.  I found a maximum difference of about 17%.

Could it be that the decking material you used was stacked wet and that the
outer boards had dried to a lower moisture content than those in the center of
the pile.

used during the construction of the Swift is on the inside of the hull and
deck or in an application where the edges don't matter.  In the few
applications
where it is used on the outside, the bond edge creates very little problem.
Since each edge uses a different binding, expose the smoothest one where the
application is transparent.  The suggestion to use an unbound self-cut tape is
a bad idea that will lead to a mess for the average garage builder.  Don't do
it.