Re: Weight and RWC

To: a_ski_racer@xxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Weight and RWC
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:15:29 EDT
Steve,

The possible use of marine ply has been a subject of some discussion.  I
suspect that it will be a fair amount heavier but I've not actually tried it.

Paul lives in Guelph On.

As for the glass tape--I can't imagine cleaning my rotary cutter every time I
wand to use glass tape.  Also, since some of the pieces of glass tape are 15
feet long, handling that much visqueen and wet tape is a little outside of my
ability.  Also it may be hard to find a piece of material wide enough to cut
on the bias that is that long which would mean a lot of overlapping pieces
which makes the end product a bit heavy.  Certainly experimentation is a good
thing and everyone should do what suits them best but in this case I'll stick
with
dry, ready made tape.