Re: UV protection for Swift-Solo

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: UV protection for Swift-Solo
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:20:00 EDT
David,

Just got back from Huntington Lake (more later) and a great week of  sailing.

The use of 207 hardener combined with a couple of coats of good varnish  have
produced a finish that has lasted through almost 3 hard seasons.   Be sure to
research or test any topcoat alternatives since re-coating  in a few years
will likely need to be done.

I always cover the boat with a boat cover when not being sailed or shown to
interested parties.  The boat cover needs to cover the transom as well as  the
deck.  We'll be getting a "mass production price" and taking orders  soon.  I
suspect we'll need to order these covers 10 at a time. I like  Sunbrella best
with vinyl reinforcement because I've had very good luck with  this combo.
The design is my own and has four seasons of success in a  wet climate.  About
90% of the other covers on my dock become duck  ponds after the first rains
each Fall so be cleaver if you decide to make  your own.  See the attached
pictures.

JPEG image

JPEG image