Fw: Updated photos of Fugu

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fw: Updated photos of Fugu
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 01:12:55 -0400
 Christian forgot to mention that there will also be a prize (the "Bung-hole
 Prize") for the third porthole. That's the one for repairing things in
front
 of section 6. At the nationals we will be checking under the spinn sock for
 any bung-holers.  Anyone who gets 5 or more portholes qualifies for the
 "Legend Award". As yet there is no prize for this award.

 PS
 We at the NYC Skiff  League we have also developed a trained blind cave
fish
 who can tow  a light cable (hence the origin of the verb: to fish, meaning
 to pass a cable) through the boat. Of course this requires that you fill
 your boat with water. This is no problem for 49ers as they usually leak
 anyhow but we have yet to try it with a Swift.  Unfortunately, we have yet
 to figure out how to get the fish out of the boat as they are blind and
deaf
 and do not like biscuits. Hence the term we often hear from many of the cat
 sailors at our club "stinking skiff  sailors", but that is another story.

 We have however, made some friends at our NJ base, the Sandy Hook bay Cat
 Club and are transferring technology developed initially for Cats in a
joint
 effort with the Naval Weapons Station Earle. NWS Earle if you care to look
 at the map is just to our north and guards the entrance to our large bay.
 Lately we, and the WS, have been having problems with PWC's on the race
 course and within the WS restricted area. Our joint program has lately
 proved successful and Swift Solo sailors all over the US should soon be
 getting a visit from the men in dark suits and dark glasses asking for help
 with this national defense problem. The technology is really great so I'm
 sure you will all agree to help.
 Here is a sneak peak

 The technology; boat1.jpg

 The target; pwckill1.jpg

 Fire1; pwckill2.jpg

 Bingo; pwckill3.jpg, pwckill4.jpg

 We have only one bug to sort out; pwckill5.jpg; pwckill7.jpg

 but we note that upon striking the first target, the remaining PWC's vacate
 the area within seconds.
 We are developing an under-wing mounted deployment system rather than the
 pod mounted system that is in use by the Cat force.