Florida update

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Florida update
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:36:10 EST
We have now located "event insurance" for the class that covers all  events
for the year and covers those running support boats as  well.  It is provided
through US Sailing for $300 plus some  for the "additionally insured clause"
for Fort Desoto.

We've purchased 4 marks from APS that belong to the class for running this
and future clinics.

We're still working on getting more volunteer support boats for the  purpose
of allowing all participants to watch  on-the-water demonstrations of various
maneuvers. Some of our members  that don't have their boats done are joining
us and we want to make sure we can  get them on the water to watch. We'll also
have onshore  demonstrations of these same maneuvers.

Sponsorship for all of our barbecues and prizes have now been filled.
Fisheries supply is coming through in a big way and Gougeon has also agreed to
help us out with a barbecue and prize.

Ronstan is helping with support, parts, prizes, and their rep Ben  Moon. If
you need any Ronstan sailing gear, this will be a chance to buy it  at a very
good price.

Forte, is paying for one of our barbecue diners.

Banks is paying for one of our Barbecue diners.

Aquilo boats is going to have parts available and is paying for a barbecue
diner.

We are fortunate to have suppliers with a vision for the future  and who are
willing to reciprocate for past business.

Good friend and World class International Canoe sailor Anders Petersson  will
be joining us to learn to sail a Swift Solo and to help with the  clinic.
Anders has been second in the IC Worlds a couple of times and  sailed his canoe
with me at Huntington Lake last summer.  His "outside  of the box" approach to
sailing and easy going personality will be a  real asset to our event.

Please get your entry forms filled out and your entry fees mailed  soon.

I'll be in Canada most of next week helping Roger in the Vancouver boat
show.  My cell phone number is 253-209-4835 for those who need  technical
support.
 Don't hesitate to call me with your  questions.

Help me out!  It's busy around here and if I've promised you anything  and
not delivered--send me a reminder email.