Re: Florida update

To: drrld@xxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Florida update
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:15:40 EST
Rob and others,

That is a good question and I'm trying to go through this in my mind
without being too autocratic.  I've taken a look at the cost of putting on  the
event and those sailing will receive some benefit from those costs that the
others will not.  We are attempting to set up the clinic in such a way that
everyone in attendance will have nearly the same benefit.  Spectator boats,
barbecues, snacks and soft drinks, drawing prizes, onshore  demonstrations and
the
clinic lectures will be enjoyed by all.  The  event insurance also covers the
spectator boat liability for the event  spectators and the boat owners.

On the other hand, awards for various sailing accomplishments will be given
only to those who have boats in attendance.

To further complicate the issue, some of our class members who have yet to
complete their Swifts are bringing boats for spectators and others are  helping
run the event.

It seems to me that a fee of $60 should be charged and would  include the
barbecues, clinics, and drawing prizes.  We can exclude  the guys bringing
spectator boats from this fee and perhaps pay them for their  fuel.

We will be formally keeping books starting with this regatta and any  extra
money will go into the class treasury to cover future costs (incorporation  and
nonprofit status)

We will need everyone in attendance to fill out and sign the entry  form.

If anyone has any input on this matter feel free so speak up.