Tracks coming off

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Tracks coming off
From: Bob Lewis <hsutherl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:52:55 -0800

Solo Guys;

I also had my mast track come off the bottom of my IC mast. Forte did not
put the track on but it was done with some hi tech glue by a professional.
I had also heard that the fancy glues were very expensive for a single
project but can't confirm. My guess is that all the glues will suffer this
problem. (if you wanted an accountant's opinion!) Ted Van Dusen of Forte
made the following comments as to what he does on his IC mast to avoid the
problem:

"I layup several plys of carbon and epoxy (after scuffing up the track with
40 grit) over the track and an inch of the mast for about 3" at each end and
then cut the slot for the sail. This stiffens up the track so the boltrope
won't slip out and keeps it from peeling off. Where you only have a few inch
off this may work for you."

Bob Lewis