Re: Tracks coming off

To: hsutherl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Tracks coming off
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:41:16 EST
Good to hear from you Bob.  Thanks for the tip and the info about the  IC
masts.

The Plexus is expensive and nasty smelling.  It's the same stuff that
dentists use to glue on crowns.  49er masts use it to glue on their tracks  and
they
avoid this problem.  The great thing about it is that it is self  etching so
no surface sanding is required  (the old stuff will have to be  cleaned off).
We are requiring all of our future masts from Forte to  use it.

I'll take a piece of sail track, rough it up, and see how well epoxy sticks
to it.  I'm a little suspicious because it look a lot like the reusable
stirring sticks that we use (the cured epoxy pops right off by simply  bending
the
stick).

We'll be at a couple of regattas at your club this spring and summer with
six Swifts.  If you're interested, I'll bring one for you to sail in a
regatta.
 Let me know.