Fwd: email from Mike

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: email from Mike
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 23:31:48 EDT
--- Begin Message ---
To: mikejocelyn@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: email from Mike
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 21:40:42 EDT
Full-name: BDally6107
Mike,

Always good to hear from you.  Your perspective is right on.  I  enjoy
"training" in my Swift almost as much as racing  (I use the term  "training" to
justify this addiction with Jane).

Having just finished a great day of racing with a Musto, some 29ers,  505's
and Ben Glass in USA 002, I can tell you that the racing is also hard to  beat.

Anyone who has a Swift knows that the beauty of the boat is part of  the
magic.  When other sailors see how fast it goes and the  beauty of the
wood--well
you're in for a long evening of drooling  and BS'n.  I agree that an all
composite boat would fall  short aesthetically.  I believe that we'll get some
thoughts  about wood from Meade Gougeon when our testing is done that should go
long way  toward explaining this "high tech" core.  If so, we'll use this info
as  part of the much needed education process.

Oh yeah,   Ben Glass is a 49er sailor and coach and led  in the first race
until he met with a "Series of Unfortunate  Events".  After about an hour of
racing in the second race (13 knots),  Ben came within a half a boat length of
stealing the victory at the  finish--it was that close all day. Tomorrow he'll
have a day of experience  under his belt.  I'll likely need some help with
creative  excuses.