Sorry to interrupt :o).

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Sorry to interrupt :o).
From: "Felix Schliebitz" <f.schliebitz@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:46:13 +0200
I would like to make a little suggestion, concerning this small (55")
matter.
Just a general opinion that you might want to consider, since I'm not owning
a swift solo myself.
I think this rule makes sense looking at the overall picture of the swift
solo fleet. Whether there is a restriction or not will only have an impact
on fleet races, when you are sailing against each other.
But it shouldn't stop anyone from building or using larger ones at home or
on the water.
Bottom line: You can build one ... but you don't have to.
... which might give you more time to spend with your family and friends
during the winter.
If you started building a swift solo to have an excuse to get away from your
wife and spend more money on epoxy instead of shoes, you might want to
consider additional hobbies, like sea kayaking ... great upper body workout
and good for balance too :o).
Mr Harper (Am I supposed to call you Robert? I'm not trying to be impolite
or anything. But since we've never met, I don't know how old you are, and
I'm from Germany [where there are seriously complicated rules about
addressing an unknown person, that can only be topped by even more complex
rules in France, Austria, if I may say so.] I'm going to call you Mr. Harper
until you tell me otherwise.)
Gee, what was I trying to say? Oh, now I remember ... you should be allowed
to use the blade as long as you carry a jig saw and some epoxy to all the
regattas. Should you ever win a race, everyone will be happy to blame it on
the blade and help you cut it down afterwards.
The only other alternative would be some duck tape and a garbage bag, which
we could tie to your rudder until you build a shorter one for fleet racing
... it's your call.

Anyway, have a great day ... I'm going to bed now.
Cheers everyone ... cause it's always five o'clock somewhere:o).

Stay warm, be cool and have fun.

Best regards,

Felix :o)

Turmstr.3