TackTick Compass adapter

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: TackTick Compass adapter
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 23:57:11 -0500
Some builders asked me independently about adapting the TackTick micro compass
to the NYC Skiffs Swift Solo mast step. So I though I would post a drawing of
the anodised adapter and a simple hybrid bracket holder I fabricated to attach
to the TA063 compass bracket that came with my compass. I glued mine to the
compass bracket because the Olympic team who sold me the compass cut out the
back of the TA063 removing the bolt holes, I guess in order to save the weight
of the plastic.  Unfortunately I made only one bracket holder when I could have
just as easily made many but they are quick and easy to make.

Use hybrid in the part even though the edges are hard to shape its likely to
get some hard knocks (no pun intended). A trick to working with sanded hybrid
edges is to grind the edges to shape then epoxy the ragged Kevlar hanging out
and after it has set to a leather like texture (4-6hours) cut the edges with a
Stanley knife or box cutter. Sharp flat files seem to cut the material better
than sanders too.

Happy New Year
Greg
Swift Solo -- Rose