Re: rudder

To: "Mark White" <mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: rudder
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:21:45 -0500
mark, there should be enough friction from the packing to hold it down. I like
the hairy (female) side of velcro as packing but I have also used outdoor
carpet. A quick pin is a bit dangerous landing on a beach. I have seen some
people use a little rubber wedge on a string. Water will change the friction
coeficient so be sure to dunk it in the bath and test it before you sign off on
it. There maybe nothing worse than being rudderless in a skiff that does not
have separate main + jib controls.
Greg