Re: warping your hull

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: warping your hull
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:47:01 -0500
>From what I saw I think Al and David did a very good job on the strips meeting
>at the chine.

I too saw a problem when I took my hull off the jig and the weather was quite
different to when I put the strips on the strongback sections. Here in the
northeast we go from very low humidity to 100%.
Since I had made hardboard templates of the sections and didnt want to
disassemble my strongbacks I simply wet the hybrid inside the boat and then
placed the (packing taped) hardboard section templates inside and pulled the
boat upto the templates while it set. Im sure the shape is very close to the
design shape.  It pays not to dawdle when you are ready to fair and glass the
boat.
Greg