Re: Starter questions

To: jordan.afe@xxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo-info@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Starter questions
From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:59:29 EDT
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Jordan,
One of the other Swift-Solo builders recommended using a thin kerf  7-1/4",
40-tooth Diablo Skill Saw blades by Freud, used for finish and plywood
cutting.  I mounted the blade in my table saw with a feather-board and
Rip-Straight
setup.  The Rip-Straight wheels hold the boards flat to the  table.  The
Teflon-coated blade leaves a smooth finish that is fine for  cedar strips with
minimal waste.  I milled my strips from 5/4 western  red cedar decking, hand
picking the flat sawn boards so that I ended up with  quarter-sawn strips,
1/4"x3/4" after running the cove and bead.  You can  get the cove/bead combo
router
bits from _http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/_ (http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/) .

Look for their Canoe Strip sets.

Bill Scheumann