Re: Poor Quality Batten Pockets - Who's responisble???

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Poor Quality Batten Pockets - Who's responisble???
From: Keith Councell <keithcouncell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 14:52:13 -0700 (PDT)
    Here is what I have done on the main sail batten pocket ends...

  Keith Councell
  Der Springer

"Rob DesMarais, D.C." <drrld@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
                    SS Class:

  I?d like to know who?s responsible for these poor quality sails from Banks
and what is being done to fix the poor quality of these batten pockets?  See
attached photo.  I need a center batten.  As you can see from the photo, 3 out
of 4 screws are gone along with the batten.  The wind yesterday was 8 to 12
knots with some gusts (doubtful they topped 20).  Certainly these sails should
handle these moderate conditions.  Also promised in Florida were repair kits
for this problem, none received after a month of being back.

  How many are aware of this problem and what resolve has been taken to its
remedy?

  Rob

This is the Swift Solo mailing list. For unsubscribe instructions,

  Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.