Re: Foam Cores

To: gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Foam Cores
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 21:27:14 EDT
Keith,

As Greg said, the 18" stopper knot should help eliminate this problem
because the halyard never gets pulled inside of the throat.  The retrieval
line
should have a cover if it is tapered like the manual shows and if the cover  is
the recommended one (Samson), it should not be doing a lot of  damage assuming
again that you have the stopper knot to keep it from bunching up  in the sock.
 I do occasionally see some grooves and I try to fix them  before they get
serious.

It may be a good idea to use hybrid in the future since it is much more
abrasion resistant.