update

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: update
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 22:06:56 EDT
Everyone,

Just a note to let you know what's up.

Most of you are aware that Jane has been extremely patient and supportive  of
the entire Swift Solo endeavor.  This summer, I decided it was time to
reciprocate and do some major yard renovations that she has wanted for a number
 of
years.  It has been a real time commitment.  I should be done in  about a
month (things will get back to normal).

I have been sailing a fair amount and Ron Watt has been kicking  my butt on
the racetrack at least half the time.  This guy improves every  week (I think
it's time I helped him "fix" his boat).  It is really  fun to have other Swifts
to race against and we are learning a lot faster  than we did racing only
other classes.  The cool thing is that when I  screw it up, someone else (Ron)
still makes sure that a Swift crosses first  in the mixed fleet (with 505's).
Another thing, 002 "Felicity Made  Bad" is every bit as fast as my new boat.
Time is demonstrating that  our construction method does indeed keep boats
competitive at the top level  for at least six hard seasons (more likely
15--time
will prove this to be  correct, I believe).

I'll update the website on the first rainy day since it's been a  while.

Keep the sawdust flying and let us know when you are ready to launch.

Best  regards,