Re: regatta schedule

To: gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx, mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx, keithcouncell@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: regatta schedule
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:19:15 EDT
While this is directed to the regatta committee, it is important that
everyone understand the logistics and realities of regattas in many  places.
In
addition to vacation schedule considerations--Huntington Lake,  Port Townsend,
Fort Desoto and several other venues require at least eight  months of lead
time.  Campsites, and cabins need to be reserved, permission  and permits to
run
the event has to be gained, race committee and rescue  needs to be arranged (at
Huntington only 4 stroke boats may be used).   Nearly every location has
different requirements and we need time to become  educated about those
requirements.

If we wait too long, we will be reduced to racing our NA's as a second rate
event/venue with Daysailors and Lasers on the same racetrack.  This is  just a
friendly nudge to remind everyone that this decision needs to be made  soon
if we are to have a first class event.