Intro

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Intro
From: Zoltan Csoka <csokafamily@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:45:22 +0100
Dear SwiftSolo Members,

Please let me introduce myself, I am sailing on the Earth under the name
Zoltan Csoka. My nationality is Hungarian, but I live in Switzerland. I
have already entered my 3rd decade, but I have been sailing only for 4
years. I own a HobieCat 17 and have not considered ever sitting into a
monohull (it seemed to me being a devolution) until I found the 24.5-er.
I felt in love with this cutie and I cannot wait putting it under sail
(I am a speed freak). Unfortunately I have to wait pretty long, since my
work and family takes some time away from SwissySwifty. I am still in
the preparation phase, I am just oredering the parts now and
unfortunately to get some cedar in Europe is not a piece of cake. But
thanks to Greg, I have no barrier anymore! I have already created a blog
to document the building process, http://swissyswifty.livesaildie.com/ ,
but do not expect anything in the near future to be seen there (you
know, getting the strips takes time). Regarding the boat building
experiences, I have none, apart from the paperboats folded when I was 5.
Wood working experience I have some, I have already built some book
shelfs, lamps, etc. To talk about the composite materials as well, I
have never seen carbon fiber or kevlar and to tell you the truth, I find
that part the most scary one! Bubbles, wrinkles, too quickly drying
epoxy, brush hair in the finish, etc are returning in my nightmares even
without experiencing any of them:-) You can expect me asking some
questions in the next 1 year and I appreciate your help in advance,

Wind in your sails:-)

Regards,

Zoltan