Huntington Lake and other stuff

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Huntington Lake and other stuff
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:53:22 EST

Happy holidays everyone!
Please take a few minutes to read the updates on the old website  regarding
Huntington  Lake and the new forestay system  (that PDF will be updated again
soon).  I've been unable to contact Al recently but will continue to try so we
can get this information placed on the new class website.  Specifically, we
should all try to stay  at either Deer Creek or Lakeshore since they are the
facilities that are very  near the boats. Don't wait too long to make your
reservations for campsites  or cabins (links on the Huntington page of the old
website).
Regarding replacements for the Executive Committee seats vacated by  Darius
and myself, I'd like to nominate Chris Wickham to fill the spot vacated  by
Darius.  Chris is a 49er sailor  who has recently ordered a boat from Kris
Henderson that will be completed in  early spring.  He is a Superior  Court
Judge
for the State of  Washington and he will be  attending the regatta and AGM at
Huntington  Lake.  He is strongly committed to skiff racing  and has been the
last active 49er sailor sailing in  Seattle.
Regarding speaking up, we need to get input from everyone who sailed in  last
years clinics and / or those who plan to sail this year regarding what  you'd
like to see that is different (or the same) from last year or what you'd
like in general for those who are first timers.  Ron, Mark, Rob, Robert, Ed,
Christian,  Mike, Ian, Darius, Ken, Bill, David, Roger, Pepe, Keith (if you
want
to add  anything else), Larry, Chris, (and anyone else who plans to attend) we
need to  hear from you.  Otherwise you'll  likely get the same format as last
year.
Mark recently asked me to compile a list of things that  need to be completed
in preparation for The Regatta.  Below is a rough draft (not  prioritized).
If you can think of  anything else, please speak up.  A  big THANKS to Bill
and Mark for the work they've done so far on this event.

Huntington Lake to do list
    1.  Select a regatta chairman.  His / her job is to ensure that every
required task is assigned to an individual on the regatta committee and
completed.
    2.  Select a trophy person
    3.  Select a t-shirt person
    4.  Select a media person (very important that we  email a lead story and
the daily racing results to Sailing Anarchy along with  some photos each
day).  After the  regatta is over, the story of the regatta should be sent to
the
sailing  publications within a week or so.   Tape recording of interviews
after each days racing would be good to  transcribe later.  This person  will
need
to bring a laptop and arrange an Internet connection with the  Lakeshore
Lodge.
    5.  Assemble a rescue team (we already have very  well qualified
volunteer to head up this effort but need more  volunteers)
    6.  Assemble a photo boat and two volunteer  photographers (the boat may
be quite easy to arrange).  We will need both stills and  video.
    7.  Select a person to get sponsorship from vendors  for barbeques and
prizes
    8.  Assemble a schedule of events including our  national AGM and
barbeques / movies / bike  rides (for those who brought their bikes) / any
other
family events that may  be deemed appropriate. This should be done by joint
effort
of the entire  committee.
    9.  Select a RC coordinator to ensure that we  have good communication
with the RC and our class members regarding the length  and type of courses we
prefer within the limitations of their fixed marks (The  Huntington Race
Committee is already well schooled on what the 49er  preferred).
    10. Determine what kind of clinics the members want  and ensure we have
the talent and resources to successfully complete those  clinics (another task
for the entire committee)
    11. Determine the amount of travel  subsidies that are available and
devise an equitable formula for distribution  (another task for entire
committee)