Re: Spinnaker sheet ratchet?

To: "Dave Lindsey" <lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "BDally6107@xxxxxxx" <BDally6107@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Spinnaker sheet ratchet?
From: "Robert Harper" <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 21:49:17 -0700
Cc: Swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
You don't have to get a special bracket for the rachet blocks. You will need a pad eye and a D-shackle to attach it. Many of us have followed Bram's lead by splitting a tennis ball and puting half under each block to hold it up off the deck. It works great and will also reduce the damage done to the deck by having the block bouncing on the deck all the time. I used screws to hold the cleats in the wedges. I don't think they need T nuts because the load ins in shear rather than tension. The spinnaker blocks, haliard block, and retrieval block MUST be backed with a T nut and plate of some sort as they get a lot of tension load that loves to pull screws right out of the deck.

Maybe more than you wanted/needed to know but there you are.

Get 'er done so you can start the swimming lessons!