Re: Spinnaker sheet ratchet?

To: lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx, BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Spinnaker sheet ratchet?
From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:33:10 EST
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 1/9/2007 11:33:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>     Second question; when mounting to the control block bevels, do I drill
> through the deck and use T nuts? Or should I just mount into the bevels with
> screws? How much load is taken on this hardware?

Dave,
Bram answered with the epoxy/screw solution.  To quantify the holding power,
I hope the following helps.  I had incorrectly mounted my control blocks
following pictures from one of Bram's boats, when I discovered later that the
path
of my control lines would take them over the top my CB.  That would interfer
with inserting or removing the centerboard, so I attempted to remove the
epoxied screws holding down the cheek blocks.  Needless to say, the #6 wood
screws
would not ease out by hand.  I tried heating the screw heads with a soldering
iron and damaged one block without getting the screw out.  Therefore, each
screw had to be twisted off, some breaking at the surface of the control block
and
some below.  I filled the old holes and remounted the cheek blocks with more
epoxy.

Bill Scheumann
USA020 and USA040