Neophyte Swift-Solo sailor

To: "BDally6107@xxxxxxx" <BDally6107@xxxxxxx>,Swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Neophyte Swift-Solo sailor
From: Dave Lindsey <lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:30:56 -0700
Dear Bram,

Thanks for the detailed reply regarding my rudder woes. I'm not sure why you
sent it in "RED", other than to make a point. I assure you your point(s) are
well taken.

However, there is something you need to learn about Canadians and Aussies.
We are basically anarchist at heart. See, you didn't know that did you. You
will start to feel more relaxed when you learn to except that. From a
personal standpoint; You can tell me, but you can't tell me much. This too
is a truism.

I would like to make a comment about the Swift from the only point I can,
and of course that is as an inexperienced performance sailor. I'm glad that
I have built a Swift. Why? Because even with my very limited experience I
can already see that this boat has so many dimensions to it. Over the summer
as I was completing my boat I sailed a variety of other boats. I sailed
Tasars, Lasers, 29er's, Hobbies and Nacras. All these boats have their
strengths and market segments. However, I can see how some of these boats
have the potential to become boring rather quickly. The number of neglected
boats at Jericho is a testament to this.

The Swift appears to be very unique. It demands constant vigilance to sail.
I can't foresee it ever becoming boring. You have done a wonderful job in
the design of this craft. Let's keep the class growing.

Ok, that's enough of that... Why the hell did you put a bar on the transom
if it has the potential to break if fallen on?

    David Lindsey
    CAN 046

PS. You should all have seen how skilfully Mike J. sailed the Red Violin. He
doused the Main without dumping it and tried to sail it without a rudder. He
even brought all the pieces back.