rules and other stuff

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: rules and other stuff
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 00:41:01 EST
We've decided to wait until November 24th to vote on the rules.  We still
have some house keeping and some consulting to do regarding a couple of issues.

Generally, the measurement items are good but we will likely find some things
over the next several months that we'll be asking for a vote to amend.  After
that we will try to present changes to our members once a year for approval,
if possible.

We will have our first election of class officers as soon as we have 15 boats
in the water (likely early next summer).  Like the rules vote, we will do
this via email.

I'll be gone to Michigan all of next week, however, those who need
information can call me on my cell phone at 253-209-4835.  I will do my best to
return
all calls.

There is a scam artist in Canada that I feel compelled to warn everyone
about.  This guy claims to have bought Rage from Steve Rander at Schooner Creek
Boat Works and now claims that he has five or more Swift Solos under
construction.  Steve called me when he found out to tell me that Rage has not
been sold
(Steve still owns it) and of the claims this person is making about the Swift
Solo.  While the guy has contacted me, he has bought no plans and it appears
that he is up to no good.  Because I can't be sure of his motives, I want
everyone to be alert.  At the very least he's a compulsive liar. I want to make
sure
that he doesn't con anyone into putting up any money for a boat that will
never be delivered.

On the subject of boats for delivery, My trip to Michigan is to do a
certification inspection for VMG Skiffs.  If everything checks out, this
company will
be the first certified commercial builder of Swift Solos.  We will give you
all of the details when I get back.

Construction activity is happening at an amazing rate.  The phones are
buzzing and sawdust is flying.  Those who haven't started need to remember to
get
going soon so that you'll have strips on your frames by January 10th 2004 in
order to get your $300 rebate on the parts package.

We're here to help you if you have problems -- so give us a call.  I believe
that the boats that you are building will be the foundation of our class and
of single-handed skiff sailing in general.  We have an opportunity to be on the
ground floor of what is likely to become a significant part of sailing in the
future.