Re: rules and other stuff

To: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: rules and other stuff
From: Peter Patel-Schneider <pfps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:45:48 -0500
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
BDally6107@xxxxxxx wrote:
The second revised addition of the rules have been posted on the "Rules" page of the website. I'll have the sail dimensions posted soon. Be sure to read them as they are "YOUR" rules and may affect you for the rest of sailing career--hopefully.
Look for some diagrams and instructions to be posted on the construction page this week regarding the use of the bow template.

I was wondering why the rules require that West Systems Epoxy be used. I realize that it is a good idea to forbid the high heat-cured epoxies, as they are considerably stronger and stiffer, but I don't see why epoxies similar to the West epoxy (for example, from System 3 or Raka) should not be allowed.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider